Placenta EncapsulationSacred Moments Birth serves the greater Atlanta area.
Benefits of the Placenta
Preventing and lessening the risk of postpartum depression – During the pregnancy the placenta produces stress fighting hormones. Once the placenta is no longer present, it can take months for the brain and body to level out the hormones. During this time, the instability can cause depressive symptoms. By ingesting the placenta after birth, the mother is reintroducing these vital hormones until her brain signals its own production and can level out on its own.
Replenishing iron – The placenta is rich in iron. Having low iron can result in lower hormone levels, fatigue and lack or concentration with depressive symptoms.In studies, women with postpartum depression that were given iron supplements improved greatly.
Hormone Supplementation – Lending you a consistent flow of oxytocin long after birth.
Offers natural pain relief from the labor and birth of the baby – Research has shown that ingesting the placenta increases the effectiveness of opioids. The mother would need to take much less pain medication to reach the same desired pain management.
Helps establish early and healthy milk supply – In studies women who consumed their placenta, 86% reported increased milk production.
Nutrients in the Placenta
- Stem cells and growth factors
- Iron – essential for oxygen absorption in the cells
- Vitamin B6 – aids in the making of antibodies
- Vitamin E – for healing damaged skin cells
- Oxytocin – the feel good hormone or love hormone. Creates feelings of bonding, pain relief, happiness and elation.
- Corticotropinreleasing hormone (CRH) – responsible for reducing stress levels
- Cytokins – Fibroblasts that trigger cell metabolism healing and replacing damaged cells and tissue.
- Cortisone – This hormone unlocks energy stored in the body and combats stress.
- Interferon – This hormone stimulates the immune system to fight off infections while the mother is healing from birth.
- Prostaglandins – Acts as an anti inflammatory
- Hemoglobin – Replenishes iron, stimulates iron production in blood
- Urokinase – Inhibiting factor and factor XIII Lessens bleeding and promotes faster healing
- Prolactin – Stimulates healthy mammary function and milk production
Want more information?
Feel free to reach out and contact us with your inquiry. We will respond as quickly as possible.